Friday, December 6, 2013

A Job Intervview

My clothes are neatly pressed, My resume is updated and I carry three copies, you never know what  could happen. I am very excited that I was called in for an interview.  I realize there might be dozens of candidates for this job, I will not allow this to bring me down however.  I practice answering possible questions I might be asked.  I am asked, "What are your weakness?"  It is obvious that we all have weaknesses.  If I tell the interviewer my weakness it might count against me, my weakness is taking orders from my peers,  I lost a friend because of it.  My ex-friend and I  were both working in the same facility.  I was always calling the shots because I had been there the longest and my friend would always do as I suggested.  Eventually I became just a regular employee, and was in a position where I was commanded to do something by my peer, thinking that I knew what was best I refused to do so, (not just on one occasion bu on several). I realized that at one time the person who headed our department had given the orders that I refused to follow, boy was that a slap in the face.  This to me was a slice of humble pie.  Yes I learned that it is important to be able to work together and that at times one will come and will be giving me orders even if we hold the same position and I've been in the company longer.  Think, think deeply about your strengths and weaknesses and be honest and truthful, be willing to learn from your mistakes, and grow as you face certain challenges. Don't be afraid it has been proven that honesty is compensated while punishment is received when being dishonest.
Don't be afraid and don't stress on any part of the interview. Be honest if you find there is a question you simply can't answer, be honest in an intelligent manner tell the interviewer you don't have an answer but you will be happy to look into it.  Remember this interview will only last a few minutes but the rest of your life may depend on the outcome. Prepare, be ready, and do not act insecure.  Your nervousness may make the employer nervous about hiring you.

No comments:

Post a Comment