Monday, September 9, 2013

customer service

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link".  Ever heard that expression?  Well I came across it curiously as I was preparing a project for my church. And it clicked. How funny life is that we can apply things unto our personal ,professional,social and spiritual life.  This goes to show how everything is connected and tied together just like a chain, you probably expect me to start writing about my spiritual experiences but as divine as they are it would be unprofessional. I wish to connect this phrase with a profession at this time. Lets say that the chain is a company. Let's pretend I am its weakest link. I am a female and men say females have emotional instability one day I can be very sweet and understanding and the next I can be throwing my house  out the window. Well non of these should affect my performance at work. Remember leave your dirty laundry t home. We must leave our troubles at home and prepare mentally and emotionally for what is needed from us at work. To provide good customer service we must be sincere no matter what the customer is like we must show respect and courtesy.  Remember "Pretty Women" How would one know how a customer can affect a company, always treat a customer like if he/she were the king/queen of England. Sincerity means to try to understand what the customer wants, to try to provide the services or the resources for the customer to acquire what he/shed needs. For all we know the customer might have been all around town frustrated and angry because he/she did not find what was needed and here we are sitting in a well ventilated place doesn't cost much to go to a a shelf, to make a phone call ,or to write on a piece of paper information for the customer. Remember one can bring dozens in by just putting a good word. And better yet your name and picture could end up on that Employee of the year board.

No comments:

Post a Comment